District 9520 YE Committee responsibilities
The District Committee’s responsibilities for the youth exchange program include:
- Interview and final selection of students and placing them with Rotary Districts overseas.
- In conjunction with Club Counsellors, preparing the students and their families for the student’s year away from Australia.
- Training and assisting the Rotary Clubs Youth Officers and Student’s Counsellors.
- Compliance with Federal and State statutory requirements for accredited exchange organisations
- Compliance with Australian Rotary Youth exchange Student Protection Policy and certification guidelines as approved by Rotary International.
- Certifying Clubs that wish to participate in Long Term Youth Exchange and monitoring compliance by clubs with the procedures of the certification manual.