For both long and short term exchange programs, these rules must be adhered to:
- The applicant must attend, full time, the secondary school nominated by their hosting Rotary Club during the year of exchange.
- Rotary District 9520 provides Travel Insurance and in most countries unlimited Health Insurance cover from the time of departure until the time of return.
- The applicant must, on arrival at the Host Club, open a bank account which is to be an Emergency Fund. This account is usually a jointly operated bank account, of $AU400, with the applicant as one of the necessary signatories.
- The applicant must travel to and from the Host Country as arranged by Rotary. The applicant must return home from the host country by an uninterrupted route.
- The applicant will comply with the travel requirements of the Host Club, Host District and District 9520. Travel of more than a day's duration without adult supervision is forbidden. Travel of any distance or length of time with Rotarians or approved adults must have the written approval of their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- The applicant must respect the wishes and requests of the Host Parent(s).
- The applicant MUST NOT DRIVE a motorised vehicle of any kind. To break this rule negates your insurance policy instantly.
- The applicant MUST NOT POSSESS, USE, CULTIVATE OR MANUFACTURE any illegal drugs or prohibited or restricted substances.
- The applicant MUST NOT CONSUME alcoholic beverages in public. A drink in the privacy of the host parent's home is permitted if offered.
- The applicant must obey the laws of the Host Country.
- The applicant will not participate in any activity not approved of by the Host Club, Host District and the travel insurance company.
- The applicant must attend certain Rotary events while on exchange.
- The applicant and/or the applicant's parent(s) or guardian(s) MUST PAY any additional costs related to an early return home or any other unusual costs of the applicant (including any charges for excess baggage).
PLEASE NOTE: These rules must be adhered to or the exchange will be terminated.
- Long Term Youth Exchange (LTYE)
- Short Term Exchange (RANZSE)
- The Exchange Experience
- Why Go With Rotary?
- Scholarship Scheme
- Youth Opportunity Grant
- Information for Prospective Applicants (LTYE)
- Application Process
- Student Rules
- Social Media Policy
- 10 Top Tips
- How will it affect my schooling in Australia?